C&C is Hiring!
Updated: Feb 27, 2020
Organization: Cimoroni & Company
Position Title: Assistant, Business Development (Intern)
Application Deadline: March 5, 2020
Term: May 4, 2020 - August 28, 2020 (4 months)
Type of Position: Full-time (~37.5 hours/week)
Employment Type: Intern (Paid)
Who We Are
Cimoroni & Company has built a respected reputation based on connecting brands with high profile talent and properties to accelerate market penetration. Throughout our careers we have provided effective sponsorship marketing, media, and branded content solutions for clients in Canada and abroad. We’re energized by an evolving landscape and have recognized how successful programs succeed with a blended approach of message, experience and content to break through with an ownable platform and communications plan.
We have led complex negotiations and provided strategic counsel for an impressive roster of clients including: • WNBA Star Kia Nurse • Masters Champion Mike Weir • Broadcast Talents Ben Mulroney, Hazel Mae, Kevin Barker, Jeff Marek, Colby Armstrong, Harnarayan Singh • Mud Hero • Athletics Canada • Flash Entertainment • The Flag • The European Tour • Capsule Media and more.
Who We Need
C&C needs an Assistant, Business Development (Intern) who will report to the Manager, Client Strategy, while also working closely with the Manager, Partnerships. Our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset and is interested in learning and supporting the growth of our business. The individual will however require a varied skillset to be able to provide effective support across several areas of our business on a full-time basis for a 4-month period (May-August).
Position Responsibilities and Duties
Research & Analysis
• Researching current developments in the athlete, talent, and sponsorship landscape, and how they impact our organization; preparing reports for management or sales personnel
• Maintain current knowledge of industry trends; Specific tasks include researching and drawing insights from best practices, competitors, and environmental factors
• New prospect identification & in-depth target research on prospective Cimoroni & Company clients (athletes, talent, brands, properties)
• Identify and research sponsorship opportunities for talent, athletes, and properties represented by Cimoroni & Company
• Track sales conversations and/or partnership deliverables
• Participate in bi-weekly team meetings
• Support in-market sales conversations, as applicable
• Support the preparing and editing of sponsorship materials - adhering to the highest standards of presentation aesthetic (primarily in PowerPoint)
• Generate ideas for creative & engaging content for professional social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
• Develop photo, video and/or editorial content for distribution
Other (Reasonable) Duties
• The kinds of things that inevitably come up in a small business
• These duties may include updating spreadsheets, finding a way to get signed merchandise to a client on short notice or helping out with odd jobs around the office
• Working understanding of the sponsorship industry, and general business environment
• Experience, or demonstrated understanding, in the consultative sales process
• Proficient in conducting research and providing succinct analysis
• Excellent organizational, time management skills and a high level of problem-solving skills
• Experience developing or managing content for professional social media accounts
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop an asset
• Adept at using Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
• Effective written and verbal communications
• Ability to manage a varied workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Team-oriented attitude, but can thrive working independently
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by 5:00pm EST on March 5th, 2020 to email@example.com noting the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.